There is lots of debate about homemade vs. commercial baby foods. But it always come out that both commercial and homemade foods for babies are seen as both nutritious options for the babies. But, homemade baby foods have an edge in terms of the nutrition front. One of the major factors to consider is in its preparation. The homemade cooking will provide to an individual a complete control against the ingredients and that this may involve making babies’ food free with regards to additives and that it can be added with flavor that may fits to the babies’ taste. That is why parents will always know the best food for their babies’ health. Food texture will also be specialized according to the child’s age.
There are several parents who believe that preparing food for their babies may take greater time and also an effort that what they can devote. In real situation, the parents with limited time preparing food for their babies can follow few simple steps how to prepare the best organic baby food on their own. First and foremost they need to be acquainted with different baby food recipes. Reading cookbooks about preparation tips and also on different recipes could be a great help also.
Important things for the moms to remember in preparation of their baby’s food:
- Always make sure that all the kitchen utensils, the containers for foods, and the working area is clean.
- Before starting with your food preparation, wash first your hands. Wash again your hands whenever you go away from your food preparation, or when you do coughing or sneezing.
- Use only those food options from a given menu.
- Wash all the fruits and all vegetables then peel off the skins.
- Fresh ingredients is the best choice. This should be a must.
- Please do not put on sugar, spices or salt on the baby’s food.
- Do not let the prepared food sit out too long on the counter.
- Take out only the part of the food for the baby just for this meal then immediately put the remaining portion to the freezer right after the food is finished.
- Stir your homemade baby food thoroughly. Check if the food is still hot, before feeding the baby.
- Be careful on putting date on the food during processing and also during the freezing period.
- Do not defrost the baby’s food. Make it as your habit.
- Never refreezes your baby’s remaining food.
Small chunks of the baby’s food may cause choking. Be careful with that. If possible, use a blender to blend your baby’s food to make it smooth enough for easy swallowing. Making baby food can be covered and can be kept refrigerated up to 3 days. Parents may slowly introduce a new homemade food on the child’s healthy diet. This new food can be introduced over time, but it should be not once or more every 3 days. Every precaution must be followed so that you can avoid any kind of health problems and make sure that the child is healthy for life.Continue Reading…