Making baby food yourself may help ensure the baby always eats healthy food. Lots of people may feel that making their own baby food is easier and more convenient. Some mommies already embrace the process of making it. Many moms out there have become more aware about the benefits their babies could have through using organic and natural products. And because of the expanding knowledge regarding organic produce, many parents have now decided to make and prepare the food for their babies themselves.Find out more continue reading.
Homemade Baby Food – Its benefits!
- When preparing the food of your baby, make sure that you know exactly when you prepare and when you store the food. This is very important for you that you must know when you process the food. This is to ensure that your baby is eating freshly prepared food. Store-bought food for a baby has no assurance that the food was not exposed to extreme temperatures. Because of this, it could affect the quality of the food. Homemade is still best over store-bought foods, since you will know exactly the time and the days when did you prepare it.
- Nutritional value. Making your homemade baby food of your own will ensure yourself that you had prepared the best ingredients with great quality nutritionally. In preparing your own baby food, you can assure that you were not able to expose it to high temperatures, which most of the company does. This is the reason why some of the vitamins and minerals present on the food was being altered. And its nutritional value decreased. Unlike homemade baby food, everything that are present in the ingredients were surely absorbed by the baby’s body.
- If you are fun of buying jarred foods for babies, which are possibly a mass-produced, there will be a possibility that you are running the risk of the baby’s health since there are cases that this food may become contaminated. Though this condition could be rare, but its risk and harm could be a real. Homemade baby food is still at its best!
- Homemade baby food tastes the best. Using fresh, homegrown plants, and organic ingredients may result in a great taste. This is free of lots of preservatives, no additives, no pesticides, which may alter on the real taste of baby food. What is good about practicing your baby on the fresh and pure ingredients, chances are they will surely like it when they grow up.
- Many parents think that buying store-bought jarred baby food may cost them less compared to making food of their own. This could be true at first, especially when your baby is eating that much. However, once your baby starts to like it and increases its appetite, then this is time that your cost for baby’s food will also increases. However, buying organic ingredients, or utilizing your homegrown fruits and vegetables will really cost you less.
There are still lots of benefits if making your own homemade baby food. As much as you consider first your baby’s proper diet and nutrition.For more details read here http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/04/25/8-homemade-baby-food-secrets-every-mom-should-know.html
There is lots of debate about homemade vs. commercial baby foods. But it always come out that both commercial and homemade foods for babies are seen as both nutritious options for the babies. But, homemade baby foods have an edge in terms of the nutrition front. One of the major factors to consider is in its preparation. The homemade cooking will provide to an individual a complete control against the ingredients and that this may involve making babies’ food free with regards to additives and that it can be added with flavor that may fits to the babies’ taste. That is why parents will always know the best food for their babies’ health. Food texture will also be specialized according to the child’s age.
There are several parents who believe that preparing food for their babies may take greater time and also an effort that what they can devote. In real situation, the parents with limited time preparing food for their babies can follow few simple steps how to prepare the best organic baby food on their own. First and foremost they need to be acquainted with different baby food recipes. Reading cookbooks about preparation tips and also on different recipes could be a great help also.
Important things for the moms to remember in preparation of their baby’s food:
- Always make sure that all the kitchen utensils, the containers for foods, and the working area is clean.
- Before starting with your food preparation, wash first your hands. Wash again your hands whenever you go away from your food preparation, or when you do coughing or sneezing.
- Use only those food options from a given menu.
- Wash all the fruits and all vegetables then peel off the skins.
- Fresh ingredients is the best choice. This should be a must.
- Please do not put on sugar, spices or salt on the baby’s food.
- Do not let the prepared food sit out too long on the counter.
- Take out only the part of the food for the baby just for this meal then immediately put the remaining portion to the freezer right after the food is finished.
- Stir your homemade baby food thoroughly. Check if the food is still hot, before feeding the baby.
- Be careful on putting date on the food during processing and also during the freezing period.
- Do not defrost the baby’s food. Make it as your habit.
- Never refreezes your baby’s remaining food.
Small chunks of the baby’s food may cause choking. Be careful with that. If possible, use a blender to blend your baby’s food to make it smooth enough for easy swallowing. Making baby food can be covered and can be kept refrigerated up to 3 days. Parents may slowly introduce a new homemade food on the child’s healthy diet. This new food can be introduced over time, but it should be not once or more every 3 days. Every precaution must be followed so that you can avoid any kind of health problems and make sure that the child is healthy for life.Continue Reading…
As a first-time parent, it is so exciting to know that you will be feeding your baby on different solid foods for the first time. It is such fun to feed your baby foods with different flavors. If you are planning to feed your baby with nutritious foods for them to make them healthier, then the best choice is to let them start eating food that is homemade. In this way, you can save more money. Since making your own food for the baby is cheaper. I myself want to prepare homemade baby food using all the natural and organic choices of ingredients from the market. Balancing baby’s diet is what all moms want.
How did you start making your first ever best homemade baby food? Of course, you have to look for possible baby food recipes, followed by identifying what tool or equipment should you use in order to prepare perfectly your first homemade baby food. Preparing the baby’s food certainly takes longer that breastfeeding the baby. Cutting the bananas with a fork will not really get what you desired for your pureed fruits and also your veggies as well.
The following are the possible essential tools you can use as a starter:
- Blender, a Food Processor, or Hand-held Type Blender. Of course, you are really need something just to mash the food you want to prepare for your baby to make it more fine and smooth. This will really work for you as smoothly as what you want it. However, if you wish to make the best homemade food for you’re your baby, it could be better if you invest in a decent food maker.
- Vegetable Steamer. This softens the fruits and vegetables to make purees. Whether you decide to use a basic steamer, cooking pot or even have an electric steamer for vegetables, still you need on something to cook for your foods. You definitely need a steamer which has tight lid to keep the nutrients of foods as it cooks.
- Ice cube Trays and a Plastic Wrap. This will be use in freezing homemade foods. Though you can look for other special items that are meant for freezing your homemade baby food, but for as long as you are having an ice cube tray and a certain food wrapper, then you’re all been set. Put all of your food into the different compartments and wrap it for an easy task of thawing and of portioning out all your servings. Most of the ice cube trays were just equivalent into one oz. per serving.
- Ziplock as a Freezer Bags and a Permanent Markers. It stores frozen cubes with labels. Once you have you cube being frozen, you can transfer them on to a labeled Ziplock freezer bags. Just make sure that you include when was the food being prepared, the date when was the prepared, and what kind of food it is.
There are lots of tools and equipment a mommy can use to prepare their homemade baby food recipes. This is just a few simple options as a starter. Enjoy cooking!. For more details and guide read on this site http://www.momables.com/how-to-make-baby-food-at-home-supplies-and-basic-techniques/